Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hanami Party


Hanami Party is a celebration for the cherry blossoms in Japan. People are cherry blossom crazy here because it only last for 1 week. Work set up a small party just outside the FHI campus and provided food and drinks for only about $35. Afterwards I went out with my Boeing coworker to a bar that put on a little show where the bartenders flipped the bottles and blew fire. I overheard some guys talking about us in Japanese and I looked over and they invited us to sit down with them. We ended up hanging out with them all night and they showed me another sweet bar. For such a small town they sure do have a ton of bars here, and once again I have met some very friendly Japanese people. Misato and I went to the shrine the next night and then a park that had a "family fun center" to view more cherry blossom festivities.
Hanami Party

No comments:

Post a Comment