Sunday, January 17, 2010

Glass is never empty when you are in Japan


Its Suntory time. Typical vending machine that are all over the place. Got my alien registration set up this week, and still going strong in the hotel. All my bags made it, with only minimal damage and my hotel is just about filled to capacity. Friday night I went to a coworkers friends birthday party he turned 61, but he still loves to party. I found out that bars dont close here....I dont think they ever close because I didnt make it home until 8am on Saturday morning, slept all day on Saturday and went out again and met some nice Japanese people at a party Saturday night. The party was for them to practice English so they like to practice with foreigners. I made a few friends that are willing to show me around Utsunomiya. My Japanese is getting a little bit better, I can recognize some more symbols now but still have no idea what it means. The English speaking party happens once a month so I am going to practice my Japanese when they practice their English. Work is ok too.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! I'm glad you are making friends so quickly....and that "work is ok too". haha! But, when did you get an alien? ;)

    ReplyDelete