Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oya



Went all over Utsunomiya today to see some historical sites with my new friend Misato (in the picture). Oya is the site of the big statue. Then we went to a cavern type place where a lot of stones have been mined to use as building material, but the caverns were used to store military artillery and now there are concerts held in there. Went out again this weekend both Friday and Saturday nights. The bar closed down at 3 but they dont kick you out until you want to go home, so we stayed until about 4 I think. I found some new restaurants near my apartment and tried out a few that didnt have pictures on the menu this time. Omakasei means "whatever you suggest" so thats my new saying. Check out picasa or facebook for more pictures. http://picasaweb.google.com/greg.stratton/Oya#

1 comment:

  1. hey Greg! i found your blog! i'm super excited to hear all about your adventures in Japan!

    ReplyDelete