Friday, February 5, 2010

Tokyo

I had a crazy night in Tokyo Friday Feb 5th. I went down for a work meeting, and then after about 8 of us all went to dinner... There is this thing they do here called nomihodi, basically two hours at a set price and you drink as much as you can. Everyone of my coworkers headed back to Utsunomiya but I wanted to explore so I went and explored on my own. Needless to say I was already wasted but I got on the subway and went somewhere... not really sure where I ended up, but eventually I just asked some girls to help me and they took me down to the subway and pointed me in the right direction and got my fare all squared away for me, this was after an hour or so of being lost. I made it back to the main tokyo area and I missed the last train back to Utsunomiya so I decided I would just stay out all night until the first train in the morning, so I got into one cab and said take me to where all the fun is, where there are lots of people, and he didnt speak english so i got into another cab and the same thing happened, finally I got into a cab and he knew where to take me. I went to an area called ripongi where there were lots of bars and people hanging out and these hustler type guys took me into a strip club, which wasnt that great but I hung out for about an hour. Then i just walked across the street to go to a bar and asked some people if this was a good bar and told them my name in Japanese so they were very excited and grabbed me and we all went to another bar where we danced for a while, it was like we were all best friends. Only the men dance though, it was very grab ass like. I left that bar to go back to the train station and got lost again. Eventually I got back to the Tokyo station and bought a train ticket back to Utsunomiya. It was snowing at the subway station so I was freezing my ass off, but I got on the subway and found my way back to the train to Utsunomiya. I fell asleep on the train so I ended up way farther north of Utsunomiya and it was snowing like crazy so I got off and then walked around to the other side and got on a train going the other direction. Finally I made it back to Utsunomiya around noon, and then bumped into my building owners daughter, great first impression of me im sure. Japanese people are so friendly, and they love to drink.

1 comment:

  1. Greg...this made me laugh. You sound like you had a little too much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete